Information and Guide for Exhibitors
- Live animals and pets are not permitted in the exhibition booths.
- Where an animal is approved and/or is part of the event, the owner must comply with
the Wildlife Act 1722 and shall be held fully responsible for obtaining all appropriate
permits and for all its sanitary needs.
- The owner must submit to the Centre’s Management, a comprehensive risk assessment
report including details of all procedures for the handling and containment of the
animal before, during and after the event, including the controls in place to protect
the public and our employees specifically where any interaction between the animal(s)
and the public or our employees is likely to occur.
- All procedures for the handling, containment before, during and after the exhibition
shall be presented to the Centre’s Management for approval and the decision
to allow such a display shall be at the discretion of the Centre’s Management.
- Helium-filled balloon displays and other inflatable items must be approved by the
- Due to the complexity and costs of retrieving balloons, helium-filled balloons are
not allowed to be distributed in the exhibition booths.
Remote-controlled flying objects are not permitted in the exhibition booths.
Care of Building
No attachment, fitting, equipment or device is allowed to be affixed to or suspended
from any structure of the building as this can damage the structure of the building.
- All carpeted spaces throughout the venue must be protected from freight, vehicle
movement and stand construction activities.
- The Centre’s carpet and back lanes must be protected with plywood for the
route of the vehicle.
Cars and Vehicles Display
- Exhibitors who wish to display cars and vehicles in exhibition booths must conform
to Centre’s requirement.
- For car display at level 3 carpeted floor, exhibitors must only use entrances and
exits designated by the Centre for moving in and move-out.
- The Centre’s carpet and back lanes must be protected with plywood for the
route of the vehicle.
- No vehicle may move directly on the Centre’s carpets and back lane flooring.
- Vehicle being displayed in exhibition booths must conform to the guidelines below
- A spare set of key must be left at Security Control.
- Running of displayed cars during exhibition is prohibited.
- Fuel tanks containing fuel shall be maintained at less than ¾ full.
Electrical Installation, Compliance and Fire Safety
- For exhibitions, electrical equipment for the booth will be installed by the electrician
wiring contractor appointed by the official show contractor.
- Exhibitors must include sufficient electrical sockets to serve all of the equipment
on the stand.
- Only one extension lead pen socket will be permitted. The uses of block sockets
for multiple plugs are not permitted.
- The Centre reserves the right to withhold connection of power to a stand or to shut
off power to a stand which is does not comply with the electrical safety requirements
or if it is deemed to be unsafe.
- Exhibitors must provide full details of any potentially dangerous activities to
be undertaken in the exhibition booth(s) to the show organiser.
- No such activities may be conducted during an exhibition without the show organiser
and the Centre's approval which must be obtained before move-in day and which may
be withheld at the Centre’s absolute discretion.
- Activities conducted in exhibition booths must comply with fire, health and safety
- The following services are required to be ordered from the Centre :-
- Audio Visual
- Booth Catering
- Banners Hanging
- Hanging Object
- Internet services and Telecommunications
- Water Connection and Compressed Air
- Potted Plants and Flowers
- Stand Cleaning
- Catering Service Staff
- To order any of the above services, please contact your show organiser for the Login
ID and Password.
- Completed forms can be faxed to Exhibition Services at +603 2333 2729 or email [email protected]
- For assistance with regards to any of the service order forms, please contact Exhibition
Services at +603 2333 2603
- With effect from 1 April 2015, all the Centre’s goods and services will be
inclusive of 10% service charge, of which the total will then be subject to a 6%
Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Exhibitors’ Hand-Carry Procedures
- Hand-carried freight is defined as items that can be easily carried by an individual
exhibitor, without the need for mechanised equipment.
- Examples of acceptable hand-carried materials include boxes, suitcases or fibreboard
shipping cartons, portable displays on wheels and small luggage bags.
- Exhibitors may use the guests lift access to transport materials that can be hand-carried
to their booths.
- The following items are not considered hand-carried items: two wheel dolly loads,
carts, boxes or crates.
Exhibitors’ Loading and Unloading Procedures
- Exhibitors’ exhibit materials must enter and exit through the approved loading
- Exhibitors will be allowed to hand carry items in or out of the exhibition halls
during move-in and move-out days. Loading Passes will be issued to exhibitors for
entering the loading docks by the show organiser.
- During a large scale exhibition move-in/out, exhibitors will be required to go to
the vehicle holding area (VHA) to queue for unloading in the dock area. Exhibitors
will not be allowed to unload at the loading dock area without going to the VHA
- Access to exhibition halls will be via a loading dock and will be under the supervision
of the Centre’s Traffic Marshal.
- Hand carry loading procedures are limited to cars, mini-vans, station wagons
or pick-up trucks (cannot exceed 20 feet (6.1 metres) in length and 12.5 feet (3.8
metres) in height). No full-sized trucks or trailers will be allowed to unload via
the hand carry loading procedures.
- Should exhibitors need assistance with load in/out, they will be referred to the
appointed official show freight forwarder at which time fees may apply.
- Vehicles are allowed to load/unload only and may not park in the loading dock area,
once vehicles are unloaded; they must be moved to alternate parking locations.
- Upon the close of the exhibition, there will be a 1 hour allowance for removal of
hand carry exhibits. Exhibitors can load the hand carry exhibits to their vehicles
in the loading dock area during breakdown.
- Exhibitors will be brought to the dock from the VHA on a first come-first served
basis in combination with the trucks and van lines coming to pick up exhibitor freight.
- The loading and unloading procedures may vary; exhibitors are to refer to
show organiser to confirm the vehicle holding area procedures during exhibition
Exhibitors’ Deliveries and Freight
- The Centre does not have onsite storage and cannot accept freight and shipment on
behalf of exhibitors.
- The show organiser is responsible for communicating this message to exhibitors.
- Exhibitors who chose to manage their own freight carrier to the venue during the
specified move-in and move-out day must notify the show organiser the specific details
of the movement.
- It is important to ensure that sufficient move-in and move-out time is allocated.
- Advance deliveries and freight shipments are not permitted prior to the move-in
- If you have any concerns regarding timing, shipment and transportation, please contact
your show organiser.
- Exhibitors’ appointed carrier will not be allowed to unload at the loading
dock area without going to the VHA first. The loading and unloading procedures
may vary; exhibitors are to refer to show organiser to confirm the vehicle holding
area procedures during exhibition move-in/out.
- Use of own forklift, tow motors, cranes, dollies, pallet jacks are not allowed under
- In the event that the exhibits (e.g. machinery, tool and equipment) required to
be move-in/out and cannot be hand-carried, the official show freight forwarders
must be engaged to handle them by using the correct tool and method. The services
of which will be chargeable by the official show freight forwarder.
Hanging Banner - Exhibitor
- Banner hanging is an exclusive service offered by the Centre and may be suspended
in selected locations. To order this service, please contact your show organiser
for a copy of the request form.
- Banner hanging is allowed provided the exhibitor has an island booth configuration.
- Banner request must be submitted well in advance of the move-in of your show and
should include the information and specifications as stipulated in the banner hanging
- Exhibitors who require banner installation must complete and return the request
form with full payment.
Machines and Equipment
- Exhibitors who wish to display machines and equipment must have the display machines’
weight assessed to conform with the Centre’s requirements.
- For exhibits on the ground floor; display machines exceeding two (2) tonnes must
not be placed directly on the platform of the booth but on the concrete floor instead.
- For exhibits on the Level 3 carpeted floor; display machines that exceed the floor
loading will not be allowed.
- If approved by the Centre’s Management, adequate protection must be provided
to the existing carpet prior to placement of the display machines.
- The above requirements are mandatory for health and safety reasons.
Sound (Noise) Levels
- Objectionable sound devices may not be used.
- Exhibitors are advised that any audio system or electrical device that produces
irritating, intermittent and/or sequential sounds/noise is not permitted without
prior approval from the show organiser and the Centre’s Management.
- Exhibitors should be considerate of neighbouring exhibitors when operating any machine,
appliance and sound system.
- Music or noise emitting from the exhibition booth cannot exceed 70 decibels (A).
- Exhibitors receiving requests from the show organiser or the Centre’s Management
to reduce the music volume or noise level must conform immediately to the request
or be subjected to having the power to their sound system disconnected.
- Exhibitors are not allowed to display and stick their promotion materials in any
public area, walls, hall aisle space or obstruct access to emergency exits, fire
hose and fire extinguisher cabinets and building control access doors or panels.
- Promotional floor stickers are not permitted on permanent carpeted floors, concrete
and marble floors or walls.
- The Centre’s Management reserves the right to have anything obstructing or
restricting access to the above-mentioned areas and/or items removed at the exhibitors’
cost, without liability for loss or damage.
- Canvassing, exhibiting or distributing advertising matter outside the designated
exhibition area is prohibited.
- Solicitation or demonstrations by an exhibitor must be confined to the exhibitor’s
- Exhibitors should be considerate of neighbouring exhibitors when soliciting attendees
to visit their booths.
- Distribution of an exhibitor’s printed advertisements must be done within
the exhibitor’s own space.
- No exhibits, displays or advertising material of any kind will be allowed in the
Centre’s public areas, basement parking or hallways.
- Aisles in front of the booths must be kept clear. Enough space must be allocated
within each exhibition booth for attendees to browse or watch product demonstrations.
- Any activity that causes attendees to congregate in the aisle or in adjacent exhibition
booths will be curtailed or cancelled.
Raw Space Stand Guidelines and Approval
All raw space exhibitors are required to submit their stand design for inspection
to ensure that it meets the requirements outlined in the Centre’s Guidelines
as well as the Stand Design Guidelines set out by the show organiser.
- Exhibitor is fully responsible for cleaning their stands and exhibits.
- If you have any specific requirement on waste disposal especially paint, grease
and oil, please contact the Centre Management to discuss correct disposal methods.
- To order this service please contact Exhibition Services
- Smoking is prohibited in the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
- All public areas, inclusive of Foyers, Registration Counters, Cafe, Organiser’s
Office, Restrooms, Hospitality Lounges and Exhibition Halls are designated as non-smoking
- Designated smoking areas are located at the end of each wing on Ground Level and
- Hirer/ show organiser agree to use their best endeavours to ensure that their exhibitors,
patrons and visitors comply with the policy.